Sometimes even the flight of an angel hits turbulence. ~Astrid Alauda

Monday, March 22, 2010

Roast Pumpkin risotto....

I made roast pumpkin risotto for dinner tonight and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! There were zero left overs as everyone (all 5 of us) ate the lot.

I don't make risotto's very often as there's a fair bit of measuring and ladelling out stock business that you must do or else it sucks.

Taking the time to do it right pays off as even the toasted pine nuts were done to perfection. Even the ridiculously cheap white wine i used was actually really nice ($1.85 a bottle from Dan Murphy's). I forced myself to try a glass of it after i had finished cooking....;)

I am a happy chef tonight....

1 comment:

  1. it was amazing.. really tasty.. more tasty than more..

    A real treat.

    ReplyDelete